Service Options: 1 day
Full day from: £1070 + VAT to £1370 + VAT
This service can be tailored to your individual requirements
The safeguarding healthcheck provides an independent evaluation of the robustness of safeguarding procedures and culture. Prior to visiting, the consultant will carry out a document review and a website check. The support includes a full day in school observing practice, meeting with leaders, speaking to pupils and governors, meeting key staff and doing a document review. During the visit the consultant will carry out learning walks, an interview with the DSL, a safer recruitment and single central record review plus a documentary review and an evaluation of schools systems and procedures for managing allegations. Following the visit, the consultant will provide a brief follow up report with recommendations.
By the end of the review the school will:
- Have an independent evaluation of the relative effectiveness of the safeguarding procedures and practice.
- An action plan making suggestions about how to improve aspects of provision and thus ensure procedures are as rigorous as they can be.
- External validation to support school self-evaluation.
An overview of the day
Pre-visit off-site preparation
- Documentary review including school policies and previous inspection report
- Website check
- School self-evaluation review
- Develop hypotheses to test out
School visit on-site
- Learning walk of the school with DSL including site safety
- Interview with DSL and governor with responsibility for safeguarding
- Safer recruitment review including single central record
- Documentary review
- Case study review
- Evaluation of school systems and procedures for managing allegations
- Pupil/ staff interviews
- How curriculum keeps pupils safe?
- A report is compiled identify strengths of provision and any recommendations to improve/ develop practice.
How to access this service
To enquire about the service, discuss tailoring and check availability, please telephone 01889 567 014 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org