Non Members: £220.00 (excluding VAT)
Members: £198 (excluding VAT)
Course Length: 1 Day
Venue address: PBM Inspection Services, Heath House Training and Conference Centre, Cheadle Road, Uttoxeter, Staffordshire, ST14 7BY
01 January 2020
09:30 to 15:30
Tracking individual and group progress using in-school summative assessment: Key Stage 1
*The cost of this course includes a CD toolkit containing the workbook and the word version of any templates shown for you to take away and use in school.*
Calculating attainment, evaluating standards and demonstrating progress at Key Stage 1
This one day course is aimed at headteachers, senior leaders, teachers and KS1 practitioners. The course is practical and skills based. The course helps participants to understand the principles of evaluating outcomes at Key Stage 1. Participants learn how to make judgements about attainment, progress and achievement, and how to apply the methodology of progress tracking. Participants will learn how to use the EYFSP as a measure of prior attainment and how to calculate threshold proportions and use average point scores. During the day, participants will gain skills in measuring and evaluating individual and group progress and in collating and analysing data to identify strengths and weaknesses and aspects for improvement.
Participants are helped to:
- understand the principles of evaluating outcomes at Key Stage 1 including assessment without levels;
- make judgements about attainment, progress, and achievement;
- improve the accuracy and credibility of in-school summative assessment;
- collate and analyse data to identify strengths and weaknesses and aspects for improvement;
- apply the methodology of progress tracking;
- know how to use the EYFSP to track achievement at KS1;
- measure and evaluate individual and group progress in a world without levels.
Senior and subject managers, teachers and practitioners working in KS1.
In-School Training Information
In-School TrainingThis course is available as in-school training. If you would like to find out more about in-school training please go to the in-school training section CLICK HERE FOR INFORMATION ABOUT IN SCHOOL TRAINING or call us on 01889 567 014
Detailed course outline and session time table
Session 1General information
- Changes to the national curriculum and to assessment
- Achievement, progress and learning
- Assessment terminology
- New curriculum assessment milestones
- Best fit
- Basic assessment skills
- The link with learning and teaching
- The early learning goals
Session 2Looking for learning
- Starting points
- The marriage of past and present
- Collating current data
- Achievement and the phonic screening check
- Analysing the attainment of groups
- Using averages
- Percentile ranking
Session 3Evaluating progress at Key Stage 1
- Progression basics
Session 4Tracking progress using milestones
- Harmonising the data
- Mapping progress from the Foundation Stage to the end of Key Stage 1
- Mapping the annual progress of groups
Tutor information and course feedback
Tutor:Bruce McAlpine has managed the Company for 18 years. He writes and develops training materials and tutors many of the courses. He is an experienced lead inspector and was an additional inspector. Before becoming an inspector, he taught in infant, primary and middle schools and was a headteacher for seventeen years. His specialist areas include English, mathematics, art, the Foundation Stage, educational management, special educational needs, and English as an additional language. He has an excellent track record as a consultant and trainer. We reserve the right to replace the advertised tutor with another appropriately experienced tutor.
- “I now know how to look closely at my key stage results and attainment...super!”.
- “Excellent resources, folder of good info to take away...well packaged”.
- “A really good information day that will help”.
- “It was delivered really well by the presenter...very practical with excellent resources”.