Non Members: £99 (excluding VAT)
Members: £99 (excluding VAT)
Course Length: 1 Day
Venue address: PBM Training and Consultancy (Head Office), Heath House Training and Conference Centre, Cheadle Road, Uttoxeter, Staffordshire, ST14 7BY
01 January 2020
09:30 to 15:30
Literacy Support For Subject Leaders In The Primary School
This practical one day workshop helps literacy subject leaders in primary schools to develop a clear understanding of their role and how they can carry out the role effectively.
The course explores:
- The role of the literacy subject leader
- How to carry out a literacy audit
- How to establish priorities
- Good practice in reading and writing, phonics and spelling, speaking and listening
- Making judgements
- Observing literacy lessons
- Creating a literacy action plan
The course objectives include:
- Role and responsibilities
- Carrying out a literacy audit and establishing priorities
- Good practice in reading, writing, phonics/spelling and speaking/listening
- Monitoring, book scans and observations
- What constitutes a good literacy lesson
This course is designed to help and support literacy subject leaders. It provides a clear understanding of the role of the literacy subject leader. It looks at how to carry out a literacy audit and how to establish priorities. The course goes on to explore good practice in reading and writing, and helps participants to develop skills in carrying out a literacy book scan. The course also examines monitoring and planning as well as good practice in phonics, spelling, speaking and listening. There is a focus on lesson observation and the characteristics of a good literacy lesson. Session four helps participants to explore CPD for staff and create a literacy action plan.
In-School TrainingThis course is available as in-school training. If you would like to find out more about in-school training please go to the in-school training section CLICK HERE FOR INFORMATION ABOUT IN SCHOOL TRAINING or call us on 01889 567 014
The course is appropriate for primary literacy subject leaders and managers.
Detailed course outline and session time table
- The role of the Literacy Subject Leader.
- Carrying out a Literacy audit / establishing priorities.
- Creating a Literacy Subject Leader’s file.
- Good practice for:
- Carrying out a Literacy Book Scan.
- Monitoring the subject / monitoring planning.
- Good practice for Phonics and Spelling, Speaking and Listening.
- Lesson observations / what constitutes a good literacy lesson.
- CPD for staff / priority areas.
- Creating a literacy action plan.
- Roles and responsibilities.
Tutor information and course feedback
These are a few of the things that participants on the course said that they enjoyed:
- In depth knowledge, time spent on ideas. Very helpful. Thank you
- Practical ideas, relevance and discussion. Enjoyed venue, relaxed atmosphere.
- Very specific, clear, organised.
- Knowledgeable, engaging. Very, very good. Very informative. A superb day, thank you Caroline.
- Useful, interesting, fun