Ensuring effective use of pupil premium:Using pupil premium to raise achievement and tackle disadvantage
To help participants to understand the current policy on pupil premium and explore how pupil premium can be used effectively to raise attainment and close the attainment gap, PBM Have developed a course called Using Pupil Premium to raise achievement and tackle disadvantage. The course looks at how to evaluate and demonstrate effective use of the pupil premium, and ways to develop a strategic approach to Pupil Premium through targeting and planning interventions to best suit their school community.
Participants who will have an interest in this event will include headteachers, deputy headteachers, assistant headteachers, education advisers, school business managers, virtual school heads, school improvement officers, governors and anyone responsible for co-ordinating or implementing Pupil premium use.
By the end of the course participants will:
- Have a better understanding of how schools can use their freedoms and pupil premium funding to close the attainment gap
- Understand the role and responsibility of the Governing body in holding the school to account and ensuring effective use of pupil premium
- Understand how to demonstrate effective use of pupil premium funding to Ofsted and other stakeholders
- Build the evidence base to support good practice
- Be aware of good practice nationally and have an awareness of effective interventions across schools through Pupil Premium Reviews
- Know and use data to demonstrate and optimise Pupil Premium impact
- Understand how curricular freedoms can support the learning of disadvantaged pupils
- Develop a strategic approach to Pupil Premium use through targeting and planning interventions to best suit their school community
The course is available as in-school training, or delegates can book onto one of the scheduled courses.
For more information about this course, including dates, venues and availability, please visit:
Using Pupil Premium to raise achievement and tackle disadvantage whilst demonstrating effectiveness