Essential Inspection & Self-Evaluation Skills For Middle Managers : Half Price Course Place
Behind door number 7 is a perfect combination. Book one place on our well known three day course Inspection skills training for headteachers and senior leaders: Ensuring Outstanding Monitoring, Evaluation and Improvement at full price and get a place on Essential Inspection & Self-Evaluation Skills For Middle Managers at half the usual price.
Inspection skills training for headteachers and senior leaders:
Ensuring Outstanding Monitoring, Evaluation and Improvement (3 Day course)
This course helps headteachers and other senior leaders to sharpen their evaluation skills and extend their capacity to monitor and improve their schools. It provides participants with a broad knowledge of the inspection process and fosters those indispensable skills for gathering pertinent data efficiently and then making unequivocal judgements. The training promotes that embedded understanding that is necessary when applying the knowledge and skills widely in a range of school contexts. By the end of the course, participants are able to analyse school data to identify strengths and weaknesses in performance, check the accuracy of assessment data and judgements about progress through rapid and rigorous work sampling, and then diagnose causal factors through effective observation of teaching. Each participant receives a workbook packed with exemplar material, templates and resources that can be immediately used on return to school.
Use Booking Code: 0712ISHTDMM
Course Summary: Essential Inspection & Self-Evaluation Skills For Middle Managers.
This one day course is aimed at middle and senior managers including deputy headteachers, assistant headteachers, subject and phase leaders, and anyone with leadership responsibility.
The course helps leaders and managers understand the practical aspects of their role and acquire the basic skills used by inspectors to evaluate performance, make judgements, and identify priorities for improvement.
- Examine and raise awareness of the leadership roles and responsibilities that are explored through the inspection process.
- Become proficient at making and communicating judgements about pupil outcomes, provision, and leadership and management.
- Develop the basic data handling skills used to monitor and evaluate attainment, progress, and achievement.
- Acquire the necessary work sampling skills to quality assure teacher assessment and validate judgements about pupil progress.
- Introduce essential lesson observation skills used during focused observations.
- Establish the link between evaluation and school improvement planning and present a practical model to support the planning process.