Course Options: 1 Day
Recommended Max People: 15
Full day from: £880 + VAT to £1180 + VAT
Half day from: N/A + VAT to N/A + VAT
Add additional participant for as little as £33 + VAT per person per day
Please Note: Course costs are based on 15 participants
This course can be tailored to your individual requirements
Are you ready for a short inspection?
This course is designed for headteachers, principals, senior and middle managers including subject and phase leaders, leaders of departments or school improvement teams and anyone with specific leadership responsibility whose school will be in receipt of a short inspection in the near future.
This intensive one-day course looks in detail at the process and implications of a short inspection. Participants will have a better understanding of how their performance data may be interpreted to develop potential lines of enquiry during an inspection. Throughout the day there will be opportunities to reflect on the school’s current strengths and weaknesses and what evidence will be needed to demonstrate the impact of school improvement capacity. This course helps participants to identify how they can succinctly evidence their self-evaluation which reflects the quality of overall effectiveness of their school. It will also reflect on aspects of current practice/ quality of provision that may be inspected.
By the end of the course participants will:
- Understand the process involved in short tariff inspection
- Have gained a better understanding of how the inspection dashboard may be interpreted
- Have established potential lines of enquiry from their own inspection dashboard
- Be able to succinctly identify strengths and weaknesses of their own school and have prepared how to articulate these clearly
- Have explored the variety of inspection activities that may be conducted during a short inspection
- Gained a better understanding of the Section 8 inspection guidance
- Understand the process and implications of conversion from a Section 8 to a Section 5 inspection
- Have a better understanding of the evidence required to support the school’s assertions about its provision
Detailed course outline and session time table
Session 1: Short inspection process
- Section 8 guidance
- Bespoke process
- Rationale and structure
- Summary of strengths and weaknesses
- Analysing different key indicators
- Link to previous recommendations
- Strengths and weaknesses
- Implications for conversion to section 5
- Summary of self -evaluation of school
- Agree lines of enquiry and inspection activities
- Links to current provision
- Robust evidence to support SSE
- Links to wider inspection outcomes
- Identify additional evidence bases
- What next?
- Implications of today?