Course Options: Full day
Recommended Max People: 25
Full day from: £1080 + VAT to £1380 + VAT
Half day from: N/A + VAT to N/A + VAT
Add additional participant for as little as £33 + VAT per person per day
Please Note: Course costs are based on 15 participants
This course can be tailored to your individual requirements
Develop the tools to be a successful middle manager in the secondary school
Identify what it takes to be a successful leader in a secondary school and gain practical strategies, NOT ONLY to prepare for OFSTED but also to raise standards within your area of responsibility.
Packed full of practical ideas and activities for you to take away and use, this one-day course helps middle leaders to develop knowledge of the inspection framework and the process of inspection. Designed to help middle leaders to reduce panic associated with preparing for OFSTED and instead, develop confidence when presenting these areas of responsibility to an inspector.
The course focuses on YOUR leadership skills and how you can raise standards within your area of responsibility. It explores supportive tools to help you to challenge and develop teachers.
The course is of value to any established or aspiring middle managers in secondary schools who want to develop ways of planning for ‘no notice’ inspection and gain specific knowledge of the inspection process.
The course is of value to any established or aspiring middle manager in a secondary school who wants to successfully develop ways of planning for ‘no notice’ inspection and gain specific knowledge of the inspection process. Packed full of practical ideas and activities to take away, participants will develop confidence on how to present their area of responsibility to an Inspector and develop the skills to form judgements on lesson observations.
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of the inspection process and how it supports School improvement
- Explore ways to drive subject improvement through rigorous, effective, monitoring
- Identify what it takes to be a successful leader
- Gain practical strategies to prepare for OFSTED
- Fine tune observational skills and give evaluative feedback
By the end of the course participants will learn how to:
- Be prepared for ‘no notice’ inspection
- Identify the expectations of Ofsted for middle managers
- Develop confidence about their role and how they present key information regarding school improvement and your area of responsibility
- Support and motivate colleagues effectively
- Become a skilful observer forming accurate and evaluative judgements on the quality of teaching
- Manage the process of Inspection confidently