Spelling, Punctuation & Grammar: Developing A Whole School Approach
Designed to support literacy subject leaders, class teachers, and senior leaders in primary and nursery schools, this course helps participants to develop a consistent whole school approach to the teaching of spelling, punctuation and grammar. The expectations for each year group will be explored and candidates will be given appropriate games and activities that can be used with each of the year groups.
The course looks at the ways in which schools can ensure effective teaching in preparation for the Spelling, Punctuation and Grammar test at the end of KS2.
By the end of the course participants will:
- Develop a whole-school approach to the teaching of spelling, punctuation and grammar.
- Have guidance on the end of year expectations for spelling, punctuation and grammar for each year group in the Primary school.
- Have appropriate ideas, games and activities they can use to teach spelling, punctuation and grammar.
- Look at the end of KS2 assessment for Spelling, Punctuation and Grammar.
- Use texts and extracts from texts to teach the 3 areas.
The course is available as in-school training, or delegates can book onto one of the scheduled courses.
For more information about this course, including dates, venues and availability, please visit: